The office of our downtown Placerville dentists, wants you to remember that a basic dental examination and dental cleaning are the primary steps in preserving your oral health and preventing dental decay.
Our staff of highly qualified hygienists will perform your complete dental exam. This essential service is necessary to identify potential problems with your teeth and gums. It includes the following safe procedures, administered in our comfortable office:
- Check for oral cancer, by examining the facial area, mouth and throat.
- Check for gum disease, evaluating the gums and bone, searching for excessive pockets, gaps or regression of the gums, early indicators of potential periodontal disease.
- Examine the teeth for decay, using the latest innovations in dentistry.
- Take and examine your dental x-rays to make certain that we find any unseen decay, tumors, cysts or bone loss that could lead to painful conditions or tooth loss in the future.
- Verify the effectiveness of your current dental restorations such as fillings, crowns, implants, etc.
- Plan the necessary steps and procedures for your dental cleaning, which follows the exam.