Did you know that it is possible for your teeth to endure a lifetime? Although dental equipment has improved over the years, there is no substitute for your original teeth. One way insure your teeth last as long you do is by avoiding periodontal disease – otherwise known as gum disease. Our Placerville family dentists are here to help!
Signs of Gum Disease
If your gums have started to recede as a result of gum disease, you are likely suffering from some of the following side effects:
- Sore and Bleeding gums
- Halitosis, often known as bad breath, from plaque and oral bacteria
- Jawbone loss from harmful bacterial infection
- Loss of teeth as gums recede
- Potential problems for diabetics
- Potential complications for pregnant women
- More risk of cardiovascular disease or stroke
Gum disease should be addressed without delay. Utilizing the latest in dental technology, we can help reverse the damage of gum disease by means of specialized cleaning and medication.
Learn more about gum disease including how to treat and prevent it in this section of our website. To schedule a free gum disease consultation, contact our friendly team of dental professionals by calling 530-295-8000.